Although this computer won’t be accessed by the public, it’s still a good practice to change the default password. Changing this can be considered as an added layer of security.
The default username-password-combination of every Raspberry Pi that used the Raspbian image is Pi – raspberry. We will not change the username, but we need to change that password. You can write the password down in the mnemonic that comes with this manual. You should share this password with everyone that manages the computer systems in the library.
- Open up pi-assistant.
- Click the option that says ‘Raspbian Configuration Tool’.
- Go to the option that says ‘Change User Password’ and press enter.
- Verify the window that comes up with ‘<Ok>’.
- Type in the new password and press enter.
- Retype the password and press enter.
- Warning: You won't see on your screen what you're typing, so pay close attention to what you are doing.
- You will see a screen that tells you if the password was changed successfully.
- Close the Raspbian Configuration Tool by selecting ‘<Finish>’.